OMG! I (Digitalista E) am going to New York city for the first time of my life. And I’m so excited. I have a thing for it for years, but I’ve never booked a trip to it, because South-Africa, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand (Hong Kong is in the running for the end of the year….) and all those fascinating European cities were first. But now I’m off to go to the Big Apple. And I’m bringing my very own Mr. Big with me.
First of all I’m gonna listen to Alicia Keys’ song ‘Empire state of mind’ the whole flight, I’m bringing my notes with me of all the amazing hotspots got from my friends (thanks guys), and ofcourse a whole list of my ‘must-buys’. I think I’m gonna be very broke after that little week, but hey: a girl’s got to buy what a girl’s got to buy. And I like sandwiches with peanut butter. Don’t mind eating that for the rest of the year….
1. Leather skinny pants, please!
2. BookMarc thingies, the bookstore of Marc Jacobs at the corner of Bleecker and West 11th Street. Lots of it. Even if I have to ship it to the Netherlands, because my suitcase is too heavy. I need lots of things from BookMarc. From pencils to bookcases: I need it.
3. Converse studded sneakers by John Varvatos. I need one pair of those. They’re absolutely gorgeous.
5. Lots of cute blouses, T-shirts and sweaters.
6. Some amazing vintage pieces. I collect fabulous items from all over the world.
7. Cheap heels from Forever 21. Just need one pair of those.
8. A stop at the Steve Madden store. I have to miss the opening of the first Steve Madden store in Amsterdam, so I’m gonna make it up with buying one pair in NYC.
9. Cute Marc by Marc Jacobs watch. I want it.
10. Lovely summer jacket(s).
11. Lots of stuff at Little Marc Jacobs for my two cute and fashionable nephews.
12. Designer stuff for little money. I love being cheap ass. Still a Dutch girl..
13. A few pairs of skinny jeans.
14. A few pairs of jeggings.
15. Olsen Twins lookalike round sunglasses. Love it.
16. One extra suitcase….
To do list
1. Sex and the City tour. Yes, I booked one of 3,5 hours. Poor Mr. Big. I’m bringing him with me..
2. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
3. Drinking Starbucks every day (there is one next to our hotel, so that would be easy) and tasting the green tea frappuccino for the first time in my life…
4. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
5. A walk in the park with just my Starbucks and Mr. Big.
6. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
7. A helicopter flight above the city. Hope Mr. Big is proposing to me...(wishful thinking)
8. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
9. Harlem Gospel Tour. So great, I booked it months ago.
10. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
11. Visiting a sportsmatch. Baseball, basketball…
12. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
13. Going to the theater on Broadway.
14. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
15. Have a drink at the 18th floor of the Standard Hotel (thanks Sigrid for the tip).
16. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery.
17. Visiting a television show. I’ve heard that this is lots of fun. And very American.
18. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery
19. Meeting the Olsen Twins. My ultimate style icons and favourite celebrities since Full House. I’ve met Ashley 1,5 years ago during the Burberry Prorsum fashion show at London Fashion Week, so there’s only one to go.
20. Eating cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery
21. Make sure that Scott – The Sartorialist – Schuman – will make a snapshot of me…
Wish me luck. See y’all in one week. Update very soon. Keep checking out our blog.